23andMe partners with educational institutions, including K-12 schools, colleges, graduate schools and online education providers, to improve the understanding of genetics for all students and to foster a dialogue about the social, bioethical and clinical implications of personal genetic information. For academic courses with a focus on genetics, we provide bulk order processing on our Personal Genome Service® , priority lab handling, demo genetic profiles, educational resources and dedicated customer support.
Please note that it may take up to 6- 8 weeks for your students to receive their personal genetic information or demo genetic profiles.
Partner with us by registering your course below. Registered instructors are also invited to join the 23andMe Academic Community to exchange, experiences, ideas, questions and advice with other registered instructors.
If you have questions regarding our academic program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Genetic testing improved student learning in personalized medicine class, study finds
- Tufts Study Explores Introduction of Personalized Genomic Testing to Medical Training
- Genetics Classes Increasingly Feature Personal Genetics Testing Powered By 23andMe
- When Class Gets Personal
- 23andMe List of Health Reports
- 23andMe Genetics 101
- 23andMe User Guide
- Udacity: Tales from the Genome
- What does it mean to be genomically literate?
- DNA Interactive
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- Genetics Home Reference
- NIH Office of Science Education
- American Society of Human Genetics
- National Cancer Institute
- Smithsonian Institute: Genome: Unlocking Life's Code
- Core Competencies For All Health Professionals
- Estimating Genotype-Specific Incidence for One or Several Loci
- Estimating Genotype-Specific Incidence in the Context of Ethnic Variation
- Guidelines on Vetting Genetic Associations
- Global Similarity's Genetic Similarity Map