Join our gene pool.
Senior Software Engineer - eCommerce
Mountain View, California, United States
We're looking for a talented senior software engineer who will help us to design and implement features and new capabilities for our eCommerce infrastructure. Come join the 23andMe backoffice team!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- You'll play a key role in product development and feature definition
- You will design and implement new features to support our eCommerce initiatives
- In this role, you will advocate and advance extensive automated testing
- You will build high performance and scalable solutions
What you'll bring
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science and a minimum of 3 years experience in consumer-facing business developing large-scale eCommerce systems
- Proven success working independently in a fast-paced environment against changing priorities
- You'll bring your experience integrating with different Payment Service Providers (PayPal, Braintree, etc are highly desired) and with ERP, OMS, and fulfillment systems
- You will need a working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Your experience building and knowledge of service-oriented architectures and web services will be advantageous
- You'll need a deep understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back