Join our gene pool.
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Supply Chain
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a talented individual who can drive improvements in all aspects of procurement. In this role, you'll collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to develop and execute optimal sourcing solutions. You will work in areas such as sourcing, supplier management, and overall supply chain risk reduction. We want to talk to you if you believe in our mission, provide exceptional service to your partners and create business value within procurement!x sigma processes.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about being a part of our mission. You can be both strategic and tactical. You love to execute in a lean-startup way. You come up with solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big. You bring more to the table than what is asked. You seek guidance and expertise from cross-functional team members. You are not afraid of failure, and you take calculated risks. You want to join a team of people pioneering consumer genetics.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement strategies to drive supplier selection, qualification, commercial negotiations, contract development and contract administration activities
- Exercise sound business judgment in leveraging and implementing sourcing and procurement activities, including recommendations for alternative solutions that meet business priorities
- Manage supply and delivery of goods and services to ensure unimpeded operations
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
- Manage procurement transactions such as orders, invoices, packing slips, etc.
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts on the business by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are being met
- Act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years of experience in procurement, material requirements planning, or related supply chain functions, preferably in medical device, therapeutics or other similar regulated industry
- Demonstrated success supporting new product introduction initiatives
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 quality system requirements
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand needs of different stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven aptitude to partner effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, suppliers, and internal/external customers)
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional groups and projects
- Past success creating/improving and implementing business processes
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.