Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Scientist - Population Genetics
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
We are seeking a colleague with training and experience in human population genetics, and linguistics or anthropology, to join our exciting Ancestry Research & Development team. Our team supports development of methods underlying 23andMe’s Ancestry Product, and works to publish novel findings regarding human genetics and history. We are seeking a team member who is excited to glean insights from the genetic data of over three million 23andMe customers.
See our recent publications here: https://www.23andme.com/for/scientists/
At 23andMe, we work with the richest database of genotypes and phenotypes ever assembled. Interpreting the wealth of genetic data now available requires both a keen interest in human history and a penchant for effective statistical and computational methods.
Who you are
We are looking for a colleague who has experience analyzing large datasets, with strong coding skills and a passion for interpreting patterns of human genetic variation.
What you'll do
- Perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape 23andMe’s consumer product
- Leverage existing methods and tools to analyze large amounts of data
- Work collaboratively with the Research, Engineering, and Product teams and provide scientific support to a variety of teams across the company
What you'll bring
- Ph.D. in Genetics or a related field (e.g., Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, or Anthropology)
- Research experience or coursework in Human Evolutionary Genetics, Linguistics, or Anthropology
- Expertise in Python, R, or C/C++
- At ease in a Linux environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently within a cross-functional context
- Excellent organizational skills to drive project success
- Experience communicating complex scientific concepts to a consumer audience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back