Join our gene pool.
Legal and Regulatory Affairs
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced paralegal to join a fast-paced, dynamic team willing to work on various matters, with the primary focus on the review of marketing and promotional material. The Paralegal must be able to adapt quickly, be exceedingly well-organized and exercise sound judgment; s/he must also have a willingness and genuine interest in taking on additional matters handled by the Legal Department.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Review 23andMe marketing and promotional materials focused on 23andMe’s Ancestry Service for compliance with applicable laws and internal guidelines.
- Work cross-functionally to develop training and processes to ensure timely and efficient development, review and archiving of marketing and promotional materials.
- Conduct legal, policy and other pertinent research as needed.
- Assist in drafting policies, presentations, and other work product.
- Assist in contract drafting and negotiations.
- Support compliance program development and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring
- Minimum 5 years of relevant law firm or in-house experience as a Paralegal, with experience in reviewing advertising, promotional and marketing materials.
- Experience reviewing advertising, promotional and marketing material for an FDA-regulated medical device or similarly regulated products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Experience with research, methodologies, and content related to ancestry.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong proficiency working in Mac environment, including with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Takes initiative to develop innovative solutions to improve processes.
- Thrives operating in a fast-paced environment and able to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with highly sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to effectively present information in individual and group situations to other employees of the organization, outside parties, and outside counsel.
- Team player, common sense and a great sense of humor.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.