Join our gene pool.
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
We are looking for a lead to take us to next level in our Business Intelligence Operation. You will be a thought leader regarding the best approach to delight our internal reporting and data users whilst meeting very strict data security and data quality requirements. It will be your responsibility to ensure that 23andMe operates with a flexible, scalable and manageable enterprise reporting platform.
What you'll do
You will drive the following activities:
- Engagement with internal users spanning all in-scope subject areas to capture reporting/data requirements.
- Distillation of those requirements down to what actually needs to be delivered.
- Development of the objects within the schema, application and configuration layers.
- Management of the project lifecycle and related environments.
- Dimensional modeling for the data warehouse.
- Implementation of the upper layers of the hybrid Oracle and Redshift Data Warehouse.
- Design and implementation of the later stages of the ETL to populate those Data Warehouse structures.
- Collaboration with ETL focused engineers on surgical grade data publication, cache management and report distribution.
- Collaboration with IT on the likes of installs, upgrades and system configuration.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll bring
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a closely related field
- A strong track record of self-learning
- A minimum of four years experience of deep experience as the owner of a demanding fast paced Business Intelligence Operation
- Solid experience with MicroStrategy and Tableau and be aware of the capabilities of newer offerings such as Apache Superset, Apache Drill, Amazon Quicksight and Birst
- Expert in SQL and in Oracle PL/SQL
- Solid understanding Oracle Server capabilities
- Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse Implementation
- Data Modeling experience
- ETL Design and implementation
- Source systems analysis
- Oracle 12c
- Amazon Redshift
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back