Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented research assistant to help manage our research studies. This person will lead communications with research participants and support varied aspects of study execution. As needed, this person may also develop web-based interfaces for engaging research participants. Accordingly, the individual must possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including a passion for working with research participants, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and superb organizational skills. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry while contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Serve as a patient/participant liaison for our research cohorts: communicates with research participants by phone and email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigates and resolves participant issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, marketing, engineering, and customer care to develop and implement engagement, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Perform tasks for study operations, such as compensation, data collection, and IRB submissions.
- As needed, develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment.
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you'll bring
- BS in Biology or related field required, background in genetics is preferred.
- 1+ years experience in customer-facing or patient-facing role
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy while skillfully resolving sensitive inquiries from research participants with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to plan for, track, and prioritize disparate tasks across multiple projects
- Relentless attention to detail and timelines
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and also flexible in the face of evolving priorities
- Experience communicating with diverse stakeholders
- Technical proficiency in HTML, or demonstrated interest in learning to code is preferred
- 1+ years postgraduate experience conducting biomedical or health-related research is preferred
- Friendly, flexible and a team player; innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
Answers to the following should be included in your cover letter:
- Name three adjectives people use to describe you
- Describe a time when you have dealt with a challenging interpersonal situation
Note: A writing sample may be requested
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back