Join our gene pool.
Senior Brand Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an outstanding Senior Brand Manager to join our Brand Marketing Team, reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing. You will set the strategic plan and execute all marketing initiatives for one of our key businesses, while also playing a strong role on the core Brand Team as we work to build an innovative, leadership brand in an emerging, high-growth category. The Brand Team as a whole is tasked with growing overall brand awareness and delivering aggressive sales goals.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader who can set a strategic vision for their business, as well as operationalize that strategy into effective integrated campaigns. They will become an expert on the consumer in their category, conducting research and uncovering meaningful consumer insights that will drive powerful creative strategies. They will establish the key value proposition, product positioning and annual strategy for their business, and drive that messaging consistently through all creative assets. They will work across marketing channels to develop integrated go-to-market plans and work with creative teams internally and externally to develop world-class creative campaigns. They will work with the Product Marketing team to ensure all product launches are supported with marketing messaging consistent with the overall category strategy.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about working with others to create marketing elements and campaigns that communicate the strategic benefits of our brand in a clear and compelling way, and you get tremendous satisfaction from seeing this creative come to life. You appreciate how teams collaborate, inside and outside the company, to realize 23andMe’s brand mission, and you have the skills to understand and maximize their work. You are a clear and articulate communicator and a great listener and observer. Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about improving self-understanding and health. You’re empathetic - you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you are not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen. You don’t always love playing by the rules.
What you’ll do
- Lead efforts to understand everything about the consumer for your category. Work closely with our Consumer Insights team to conduct research and identify key insights.
- Define a winning category strategy with a powerful and differentiated brand positioning. Be an advocate for that strategy within the company.
- Create an annual marketing plan with key initiatives to support your strategy and deliver results. Work with the Product team to incorporate new product feature launches into the plan.
- Identify and work with strategic external partners to strengthen the message and credibility behind key initiatives.
- Work with Channel Leads to develop go-to-market plans to support initiatives and campaigns.
- Lead creative briefings for both internal creative team, as well as external agencies.
- Manage execution of all creative assets for your initiatives. Ensure messaging and visualization is consistent across platforms and with key brand tenets.
- Use analytics to measure success and to inform optimization opportunities. Share learnings with broader Marketing Team and across the organization.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of experience in brand marketing, advertising or brand storytelling.
- Experience working with consumer-facing brands.
- Strong track record in a leadership role where you have influenced others on strategy and creative execution.
- Ability to structure thinking around both long-term goals and short-term deliverables and opportunities.
- Analytical chops and a penchant for problem-solving.
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to plan and lead marketing programs from concept to completion cross-functionally.
- Experience working with designers, copywriters and creative agencies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.