Join our gene pool.
Technical Project Management
Project Manager - Information Security & Privacy
Mountain View, California, United States
Are you driven to getting things done? Can you juggle multiple projects, coordinate across functional groups, dive into technical details as well as orchestrate high-level prioritization...all without breaking a sweat? Do you find genetics fascinating and want to help people understand what their DNA says about them?
23andMe is looking for a talented Project Manager experienced with Information Security & Privacy to manage projects to establish and/or streamline processes for achieving security/privacy standards, frameworks, and certifications.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our mantra on the Program Management team is “getting the right things done at the right time.”
What you’ll do
- Coordinate cross-functionally; facilitate alignment between teams. Make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Develop detailed project plans / timelines to track milestones and deliverables; measure progress and keep things synchronized and on track.
- Identify risks / blockers; work with stakeholders to mitigate.
- Create and maintain project documentation (overviews, weekly updates, status presentations, etc.); keep folks well informed.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years experience as a project manager.
- Familiarity with security & privacy standards / regulations / frameworks (e.g. GDPR, HITRUST, ISO 270001, etc.).
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able to make sense out of complex system with many moving parts; you sweat the details where it's needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to interact with individuals with diverse (technical / non-technical / regulatory / business) backgrounds. Able to communicate clearly and effectively (you're a master at being succinct) whether with engineers or executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate across functional groups and organizational boundaries. You know how to build consensus (partnership) among competing perspectives (conflict resolution) and can rally teams positively towards objectives.
- You're proficient in program/project management tools (e.g. Gannt charts, spreadsheets, JIRA, presentations, etc.); you're fully comfortable collaborating in online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Smartsheets, hangouts / chat, etc.).
- Self-motivated, reliable team-player with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, complex work environment.
- Experience at companies at different stages from startup to established corporation. You bring a balanced approach and mindset; you provide sound pragmatic judgement.
- Great if you were in a hands-on software development / test role early in your career.
- Have served in Scrum Master capacity or have been part of a Scrum Team.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back