Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced growth and acquisition leader. We are now positioned for dynamic growth and are preparing to meet the increased demand for genetics as the nation crosses the tipping point. This role is sought to architect and lead the organization’s direct to consumer growth strategies. This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate leader with significant experience and proven successes in direct to consumer marketing.
The role’s responsibilities will be to manage acquisition mediainvestments/activities to achieve strong unit growth goals at efficient performance metrics (“cost-pers”) while simultaneously partnering with the brand team. We are looking for a demand generation strategist with an entrepreneurial spirit and a detailed technical knowledge of traditional and digital marketing best practices.
You will be personally responsible for managing a team and agencies executing on our paid media and acquisition programs in traditional and digital spaces. You and your team will also support directly and indirectly our email, volume sales, conversion rate optimization and overall retention efforts. Success will be determined by delivering against new desktop and mobile user volume goals, quality project starts, and ROI.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Lead agency and media partner relationships to yield optimal results from 23andMe’s extended team of agencies
- Manage and build the internal team, recruiting additional A+ players to support hyper-growth
- Manage and optimize media programs across all disciplines: broadcast, digital, earned to expand market share
- Work closely with the brand team to develop strategic media strategies that support the goals of the brand
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities and remove growth friction for improved performance in existing channels, new programs and other touchpoints (website, email, conversion funnel).
- Support indirect sales channels, including retail, business development, communities recruitment and other efforts as they come up.
- Set overall acquisition strategy that will deliver hyper growth and lead tactical execution of organic and paid search, display, paid social and affiliate programs
- Drive SEO performance through the use of world-class SEO tools and tactics to evaluate server logs, web pages, natural search traffic, entry page quality, content, and template design. Meet and exceed company goals for organic traffic and conversions
- Evaluate, create and launch user-generated content (UGC) programs to drive customer engagement and enhance SEO efforts
- Develop strategic initiatives to drive growth and leverage our aggressive A/B testing program to confirm landing page and other site enhancements and strategic initiative hypotheses
- Create test plans and lead the implementation to optimize paid media campaigns, redesign creative
- Work closely with finance and data operations teams on pacing acquisition spend and ROI, forecasting, customer analytics, and attribution tracking. Closely monitor and report key metrics and develop immediate action plans to optimize campaign performance
- Make recommendations to the executive team of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for customer acquisition and conversion
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and IT teams to develop and execute on a roadmap of functional and technological capability enhancements to drive marketing spend efficiency and better customer experience
- Monitor the competitive landscape and best practices and proactively react to market actions and customer needs by improving plans and operational activities
- Partner with international team to develop similar programs for all non-US markets
- Manage multi-channel attribution systems using multiple approaches to ensure high performance against critical KPIs in all areas of the large marketing budget.
- Create and syndicate dashboards and reports for the senior team, marketing team and product managers to evaluate the success of all programs.
- Balance near-term and long-term investments to ensure immediate performance and long-range success
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years managing major consumer e-commerce marketing programs that include paid media in increasing levels of responsibility.
- Deep understanding of the nuts and bolts of large-scale e-commerce: all relevant media channels, conversion marketing, lifecycle/CRM models, mobile dynamics.
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative measures of marketing program success, attribution models, clickstream analyses, regression/MMM modeling.
- Eagerness to test new opportunities, a strong point of view, willingness to make big bets.
- Great communications skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Good manager and inspiring leader.
- Undergraduate degree necessary, graduate degree preferred.
- Media agency experience a plus.
- Consumer healthcare and/or consumer technologies a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.