Join our gene pool.
Sr. IT System Administrator
Mountain View, California, United States
Our Sr. IT System Administrator will be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. You would serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for the corporate infrastructure. The ideal candidate would lead the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. You would investigate and analyze the feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications. This would include identifying methods, solutions, and providing project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the company.
What you'll do
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications
- Maintain DNS, DHCP, and other networking services
- Collaborate with other team members in the administration of IT Infrastructure including, but not limited to VMware, NetApp storage systems and anti-virus security solutions
You will bring
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Involvement with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery processes
- Experience with scaling IT Infrastructure at fast growing tech companies
- DevOps mindset with strong scripting/automation skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and teamwork
- Preferred skills: Installation, configuration, maintaining, troubleshooting, and monitoring corporate infrastructure including hardware, software, real-time monitoring tools, peripherals, and devices ensuring effective performance and proper integration of components and systems with existing architecture
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft SCCM
- VMware vSphere
- NetApp storage systems
- TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP network concepts and operation
- Pulse Secure
- Cloud PBX
- Anti-virus security solutions
Monitoring and Logging Solutions:
- New Relic
- Sumo Logic
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back