Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced retail expert to manage our retail program. This role will be responsible for our retail P&L as well as relationships with retailers and 3rd party sales reps. Reporting to Vice President, Acquisition Marketing, you will also be a major contributor to our marketing programs overall.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Manage our relationships with major retailers and rep firms. Lead all discussions with current retailers, and build new relationships.
- Develop innovative and compelling retail programs in the US and international markets.
- Build and manage the business plan for retail. Drive the P&L, including unit volumes, wholesale and retail pricing strategies, channel marketing investments, and supply chain.
- Architect the long-range plan for retail, including new retail partners, international activities, new investments, new products and approaches.
- Partner closely with internal teams including logistics, finance, regulatory, legal, marketing and product.
- Lead the development of comprehensive, retailer-specific marketing plans, including packaging and in-store displays.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of experience in the retail channel, particularly focused in tech and/or health products
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years’ business experience working in a high-performance, results-oriented culture
- Understanding of all relevant retail channels including e-commerce partners, bricks and mortar retail, and distributors
- Deep insight of the retail landscape including contacts at retailers, P&L experience, successful marketing strategies, and trading terms (margins, co-ops, placement, returns provisions, payment terms, & freight terms)
- Excellent team player with strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to thrive in a high-intensity, rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a positive attitude
- Highly organized with a tenacious attention to detail
- Highly productive and efficient with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.