Join our gene pool.
Senior Product Manager, Research
Mountain View, California, United States
The Senior Product Manager will own and manage the consumer experience of participating in 23andMe research, and will drive cross-functional collaboration to define, design and ship features.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do:
- Own the direction and strategy of the products that drive engagement and participation in scientific research across all touch-points with 23andMe customers. Own communication and alignment with key stakeholders.
- Work hands-on with research, design and engineering teams to ideate, build and ship world-class features and functionality that propel the company’s research and business goals
- Drive product innovation and decision making through use of data, design sense, and customer empathy; track and optimize consumer participation and engagement across the product
- Provide mentorship and support to other members of the Research product team
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Translate research and data collection needs into a concrete roadmap and execute on it. Balance these needs with customer needs and find the right balance.
- Partner with the scientific research teams to ideate on new tools, features and functionality to power research, including better data collection and analysis
- Maintain and drive a pipeline of product features and enhancements for the suite of products that comprise the 23andMe research experience; constantly refine priorities and ensure alignment with company goals
- Communicate vision, priorities, requirements, plans, and project status within key stakeholders throughout the organization on an ongoing basis; obtain timely buy-in on product roadmap, priorities, and designs
- Collaborate on a daily basis with engineering and product design to plan, build, and launch quality features
- Define, track, and communicate success metrics that align with the goals of the business, the mission to drive scientific research, and a delightful consumer experience; implement the tactics and experimentation to drive success metrics
- Mentor other members of the team in the adoption of best practices and frameworks of product management; assist them in areas where there’s room for improvement; provide motivation, guidance, and inspiration
- Educate customers on the value and relevance of the 23andMe scientific research
- 4+ years of experience in product management of direct to consumer products
- 2+ years of experience developing features or functionality requiring a high level of user-centric design and iteration
- 2 years of experience with scientific research in a lab or academic setting preferred
- 1 year of experience working in a medical device company subject to design control procedures preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity data query and analysis tools
- Proven communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passionate for health and healthcare
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Master’s degree in Science or Business Administration (or equivalent) preferred
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven
What we offer
- A respectful, fun, collaborative, dog-friendly work environment
- Fitness sessions like yoga, pilates and strength training in our onsite company gym
- Organic lunches five days a week from a talented local chef
- Healthy snacks and beverages stocked in every kitchen
- Optional treadmill desks and standing desks
- After-hours intramural sports teams
- CalTrain GoPass
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flex spending account option for health and/or dependent care expenses
- Life insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and sick leave accrual and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A 23andMe DNA kit to get you started learning
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back