Join our gene pool.
Executive Assistant, Marketing
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced, passionate and dedicated Executive Assistant to support our two Marketing leaders. You would be experienced in a wide range of executive administrative support tasks, executive meetings and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will report to the Vice President, Brand Marketing and Vice President, Consumer Acquisition Marketing.
You think creatively, enjoy working within a small, ambitious environment that is mission-driven, results-oriented and community oriented. You are a clear and articulate communicator and a great listener and observer. Ideally you will be a liaison to the senior management teams, organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts, and lead special projects for the Marketing team. You have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and would be able to work under pressure in a demanding environment at times, to handle a wide variety of activities.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Manage active calendars of appointments for both Marketing executives.
- Effectively prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Compile documents for travel-related meetings in advance.
- Partner closely and effectively with the VP, Marketing to keep him/her well-informed of upcoming engagements and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prepare and submit expense reports.
- Handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, building a positive outcome for everyone involved.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the VP, Marketing to outside agencies, vendors, board
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the VP, Marketing's schedule is followed and respected
- Participate in external and internal meetings (travel occasionally). Take meeting notes as needed, synthesize strategic priorities, distribute in a timely manner and follow-up on action items
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VPs, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the VP, Marketing and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the VP, Marketing's ability to effectively lead the company
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience supporting at the executive level
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent calendar management and proactive planning skills
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs and Google Docs; highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy
- Experience scheduling domestic and international travel arrangements
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain high work quality and even temperament despite increases in workload or pace
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and understand how to co-manage other team members and manage-up to executives
- Strong judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information
- Self-starter with ability to anticipate needs as well as potential solutions
- Ability to get along with people, at all levels, in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, and inventive, with a high level of integrity
- Experience in a startup or small company environment
- Experience or strong interest in business and/or healthcare
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back