Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher/Sr. Scientific Researcher, Drug Discovery
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
Our Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher who will collaborate on a multi-functional Therapeutics team aspiring to discover and develop innovative medicines to help patients. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent and creative researcher with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll do
- Lead the efforts in medium throughput biochemical and cell-based assays and potency determination
- Independently research, design and conduct biochemical and cell biology experiments to advance small molecule (and antibody) therapeutic programs
- Interpret, record and present complex experimental data in project team meetings
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other colleagues to support the progression of projects
What you’ll bring
- BS or MS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or Biomedical Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of research experience. Industry experience is a plus. Note: Job level will be commensurate with experience of the incumbent.
- Hands-on experience with automation equipment, such as workstations, pipettors, bulk dispensers, dilutors, and microplate readers required
- Hands-on experience in developing biochemical and cell-based assays suitable for HTS or lead optimization but experience in running HTS not required
- Hands-on experience in determination of potency and selectivity, and mechanism of action of leads in biochemical or cell-based assays
- Experience with data processing using curve-fitting software, or chemoInformatic platform
- Critical thinking with high degree of analytical skills and outstanding ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back