Join our gene pool.
Scientist I/II, Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team to discover novel therapeutics to treat cancer. Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers with the ability to lead focused teams and early research programs in the immuno-oncology, immunology, or oncology disease areas.
What you’ll do
- Development and execution of in vitro and ex vivo assays in the Immuno-oncology disease area for lead compound identification and validation
- Biomarker discovery towards elucidation of mechanism-of-action and establishing clinical plan
- Data mining towards new drug target proposal; performing target validation if necessary
- Lead cross-functional project teams, and contribute intellectually to drug discovery preclinical and clinical development strategy
- Supervision of one or more Scientific Researchers
What you’ll bring
- PhD in biological sciences
- 3-10 years of post-PhD experience in basic research or drug discovery, preferably in immunology or immuno-oncology
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Exceptional laboratory skills with demonstrated proficiency in primary cell-based assays
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovation and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Scientific training in immunology
- Drug discovery experience in the field of Immuno-oncology or oncology
- Experience managing people
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary project team
- Industry experience
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back