Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, in vivo Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading personal genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an excellent Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. You will bring hands-on experience in rodent disease models and PK, PD, and toxicology studies.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development in disease models as well as in PK, PD, and toxicology studies
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues
What you’ll bring
- B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences or related discipline
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with animal models of disease (oncology, inflammation, autoimmunity, metabolism, and/or cardiovascular).
- Extensive experience with drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, PO) and blood and tissue collection
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Proficiency in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Independent, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with antibody therapeutics
- Experience with rodent models of asthma and physiological readouts
- Experience analyzing ex vivo samples via flow cytometry
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.