Join our gene pool.
Director, Strategic Sourcing
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced Strategic Sourcing and Procurement leader to lead existing partner relationships, outsourcing strategies, contracting, and the application of technology to sourcing processes. You will drive strategy and optimizations through building positive relationships, defining the process, and leveraging data and analytics. You will be a key functional leader, reporting to the VP of Operations, in the execution and development of our direct to consumer businesses. You will play a key role in developing partnerships, solutions, and tools that result in streamlining complex organizational needs into successful solutions for 23andMe customers.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Drive Sourcing Strategies that will enable the next generation of products and scalable business ops.
- Build strong partner relationships across multiple providers and partners, externally and internally.
- A deep understanding of business planning, budget and scope management.
- Champion and execute strategies that use data and technology to improve business metrics and the acceleration of go-to-market times.
- Drive Procurement process implementation, optimization, and compliance assurance.
- Drive efficient and scalable procurement systems that enable data-driven decisions and automation. This includes implementation of the right technology solutions at the right time.
- Build scalable and complex models and processes to optimize sourcing strategies with goals to deliver excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost.
- Develop supply strategies for critical components and materials. Own relationships with critical vendors and service providers. Drive strategic spend analytics and sourcing optimizations.
- Control Capex, Procurement Policies, and inventory accounting to enable cash flow, lab, and supply reliability. Generate projections and other critical metrics for routine review.
- Lead projects including cross-functional project management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Control vendor selection and negotiation. Work cross-functionally to contract.
- Be responsible for the team drafting and negotiating agreements for new/existing vendors and service providers.
- Drive executive-level decisions and collaborations. Assess different operating models to incorporate new and novel approaches to planning and execution.
- Strategic thought partner - Drive decision-making through data, collaboration, and Big Thinking.
- Partner with Quality, Regulatory, and Legal to identify and mitigate quality and compliance risks.
- Deliver exceptional customer experience through predictable and scalable operations. Long-term thinking and preparation for possible commercialization of a product(s).
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science; MBA, PHD, or MS preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience leading Sourcing or Procurement, Supply Chain, and / or associated Technology teams.
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Experience leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and operate at the executive level.
- Yielded results in both in-sourced and outsourced environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels and leading various levels of employees.
- Financial acumen with experience owning operational and project budgets.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of FDA, ISO, EMA, GMP, GCP, GLP, and ICH quality systems and regulatory requirements a big plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Project, Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.