Join our gene pool.
Alliance Manager, Clinical Trial Recruitment
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Alliance Manager with a science and clinical operations background to join our Business Development team. You will be responsible for leading and optimizing the value of 23andMe’s clinical trial recruitment alliances. You will report to the Senior Manager, Business Development and Alliances, and collaborate with other key internal & external partners to set the direction and scope for 23andMe alliances.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Lead complex alliances both independently as the sole alliance manager on any given project as well as cross-functionally with other internal partners as part of a project execution team
- Liaise with Research Team Project Managers and Product Managers to monitor project progress, prevent project scope creep, and anticipate/resolve alliance issues
- Work cross-functionally to establish and ensure smooth operation of alliances
- Represent 23andMe to external partners and maintain positive relationships
- Act as the liaison between the business development team and other internal 23andMe teams
- Track and report on the progress of business goals and financial achievements for existing alliances
- Handle contractual obligations and ensure project financial goals are met according to established timelines
- Identify key risk factors and implement appropriate action plans; anticipate potential hurdles in existing alliances and propose options to mitigate problems before they arise
- Partner with Legal to create and negotiate amendments for ongoing collaborations, as appropriate
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of clinical trial operations experience as an alliance manager/project manager/clinical trial manager working with sponsors, CROs, and trial site management personnel
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in a biomedical science field (advanced degree in genetics a plus)
- Familiarity with clinical research/clinical trials/clinical trial operations, including workflows and clinical trial budgets
- Exceptional relationship management skills with experience leading alliances that integrate scientific, legal, business and privacy issues with an eye toward practical and efficient solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications
- Sharp analytical and extraordinary project management skills. You are highly organized and possess incredible attention to detail. You crave efficiency and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Highly effective in prioritizing projects and attending to all responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Skilled at effectively identifying and anticipating problems, creating a solution, and building consensus around that solution.
- Talent for influencing and motivating others over whom you may not have direct authority.
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines, and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to review legal contracts and identify key business/alliance management issues.
- Experience negotiating contract amendments.
- Good working knowledge of modern human genetics concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor!
What We Offer
- A respectful, fun, collaborative, dog-friendly work environment
- Fitness sessions like yoga, pilates and strength training in our onsite company gym
- Organic lunches five days a week from a talented local chef
- Healthy snacks and beverages stocked in every kitchen
- Optional treadmill desks and standing desks
- After-hours intramural sports teams
- CalTrain GoPass
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flex spending account option for health and/or dependent care expenses
- Life insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and sick leave accrual and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A 23andMe DNA kit to get you started learning
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.