Join our gene pool.
Scientist, Bioanalytical Sciences
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
Our Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding scientist to join our growing Therapeutics team to lead bioanalytical assay development. You will provide overall support for our research and pre-clinical programs including the design, execution, supervision, analysis, interpretation and communication of fit-for-purpose bioanalytical studies. You will serve as the bioanalytical representative on various project teams and be responsible for all assay timeline and deliverables to support therapeutic candidate selection.
What you’ll do
- Design, execute and interpret PK, PD, immunogenicity and biomarker assays.
- Establish assay deliverables and timelines for multiple projects.
- Summarize bioanalytical results and present in cross-functional project teams.
- Manage assay transfer and oversight with outsourcing partners.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the latest bioanalytical methods and technologies.
What you’ll bring
- An advanced degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Immunology or related discipline
- 5+ years' industry experience with a PhD or 10+ years' experience with Master's degree
- 5 years' bioanalytical assay development experience in the biotech or pharma industry
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with monoclonal antibody-related PK, PD and immunogenicity assays
- Experience with assay transfer and CRO management
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in ligand-binding assay development, execution and troubleshooting on different platforms
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently in a team environment
- Experience with writing/reviewing study reports and contributing to INDs and/or BLAs
- Knowledge of GLP, bioanalytical and immunogenicity regulatory guidance
- Experience with automated sample and liquid handling systems
- Experience in the use of LC-MS/MS methods for analyzing PK/PD profiles for antibody therapeutic candidates
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back