Join our gene pool.
Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Mountain View, California, United States
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer who is passionate about creating innovative native apps for the iPhone and iPad that bring the 23andMe experience to a broad set of consumers.
What you’ll do
- Work on a customer focused, best in class native application
- Solve challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive customer experience and manipulating large amounts of data at scale
- Work within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with small project teams
- Partner with our product, design and research teams to customize the 23andMe experience for the iOS platform
What you’ll bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field with knowledge of data structures, algorithms and software design
- 5+ years of experience as a front-end engineer/architect, and/or mobile engineer working in a consumer-facing environment
- Development experience with native iOS and a shipped app to showcase familiarity with the entire application lifecycle
- Experience building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Swift
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with healthcare and/or medical devices.
- Experience with HealthKit / Health Data Collection
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back