Join our gene pool.
Director, Workplace Experience
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an exceptional, well-rounded executive to be our Director of Workplace Experience and lead us into our next phase of facilities growth. We are looking for candidates with extensive experience as well as strong executive communications and team-leadership skills to lead us forward through a period of constantly-expanding facilities and geographic locations. The ideal candidate will thrive within a fast-paced technology and healthcare environment with a distinct culture. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer, and regularly have direct interactions with the CEO and other top executives of the company.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Large Scale Project Execution and Strategic Planning
- Collect functional and corporate planning requirements to develop 5+ year facilities and real estate plan
- Define and analyze multiple strategies which will facilitate execution of the 5+ year plan
- Plan and resource new project execution and oversight
- Incorporate 23andMe’s branding and culture into facilities design and construction
- Internal Stakeholder Partnership
- Develop and maintain relationships with C-Level stakeholders, senior team, and other project sponsors
- Build and maintain close relationships with Senior Management to facilitate feedback on day-to-day facilities opportunities for improvement
- Day-to-Day Operations
- Oversight of a talented team running day-to-day operations in all phases of the facility operations and facilities maintenance programs, including costs, schedules, and technical performance of the facility operations and maintenance programs
- Aligning our facilities environments with our distinctive culture
- Financial Diligence
- Manage department budget within financial planning guidelines, including budget oversight and review of project proposals
- Tracking budget-versus-actual performance throughout construction project execution to enable course-corrections
- People Management & Development
- Oversee and develop a team of 9 people (employees and contractors)
- Provide direction, mentorship, and coaching to the team while demonstrating leadership consistent with 23andMe cultural values and mission
What you’ll bring
- 13+ years of experience, Bachelor's Degree required
- Demonstrated history of effective communication, presenting to senior leadership (including C-Level), strong briefing and writing skills, and comfort delivering finished work to executive leadership
- Ability to manage both office space and a diverse range of lab and manufacturing space, including those with regulatory approval requirements
- Experience in facilities procurement, lease negotiation, design and permitting, construction management, management of vendors and outside partners
- Strong teamwork with planning, organization and communication skills
- Experience with facilities technologies: Niagara Systems by Johnson Controls, VRFs, ticketings systems.
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA): Certified Facilities Manager (CFM)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA): Facilities Management Administrator (FMA), Real Property Administrator (RPA)
- Any Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) certification
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back