Join our gene pool.
Product Lead - Consumer
Mountain View, California, United States
Our Product Organization is looking for a Product Lead to own customer-facing products and features on 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Drive a pipeline of product features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Establish a shared vision across the company in your areas of ownership
- Communicate priorities, requirements, plans, and project status to key stakeholders and executives on an ongoing basis
- Mentor other product managers and grow product management craft at the company
- Collaborate with engineering and design to plan, build, and launch features; facilitate communication, organization, and task management from concept through launch
- Drive product innovation and decision making through the use of data, design sense, and empathy towards 23andMe’s customers
- Set clear and impactful product goals and guide teams to execute against them
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of experience in consumer software product management
- Superb communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passion for health and healthcare
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Experience leading through influence
- Independent, proactive and self-driven
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, or life sciences
- Product ownership of a consumer product at scale
- Experience managing an organization of product managers, including building and growing the team
- Experience working within strong privacy, compliance or regulated medical device constraints
- Strong skills with data and metrics
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.