Join our gene pool.
Scientist II, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an innovative Scientist with leadership skills and strong expertise in protein engineering, protein biochemistry, molecular mechanism of action of biological pathways, and therapeutic development processes to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic candidates for unmet medical needs.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to target validation and therapeutic discovery by leading the protein engineering and protein biochemistry function and collaborating with project leaders and cross-functional leaders
- Develop and enhance a robust process to generate and characterize proteins from the pathways of interest
- Collaborate and contribute to antibody discovery and characterization
- Contribute to target discovery and development programs
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Manage, mentor and train other researchers
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 10+ years of research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or related field or M.S. degree with 12+ years of industry R&D experience
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Expertise in protein biochemistry, purification, biochemical/biophysical and biological characterization
- Highly analytical with excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience and expertise in therapeutic biologics/antibody/small molecule development
- Experience in mentoring, training and managing others
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.