Join our gene pool.
Senior Business Planning Analyst, Operations
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an exceptional Business Planning Analyst’s who will build and communicate relevant Channel dashboards which drive visibility to business results while seeking to improve forecasting accuracy.
You will leverage you analytical and forecasting skills, and partner closely with the channel leadership, marketing and data engineering teams to create visibility to the data which already exists, identify additional data needs, and make sure all activities which impact sales are included in the forecast. Additionally, this person will support the development of new product or Channel volumes and providing the Channel with insightful sales analysis to help explain business results, identify risks and opportunities and measure key performance indicators.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong business acumen, build close and strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and deliver analytical excellence to optimize business results. You must be able to work with multiple data and information sources, be well organized and adaptable to changes in business demand.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Identify opportunities to improve operational performance through development and insightful analysis of business metrics.
- Partner closely with sales channel managers to design and construct data analysis to support scenario modeling and forecasting to influence Retail and Amazon sales channel strategies.
- Provide regular analysis and updated dashboards to facilitate business leaders in identifying risks and opportunities, and making informed decisions.
- Review prior month forecasting accuracy with business partners and explain deviations.
- Write SQL scripts to consolidate data to support operational teams with ad-hoc data needs.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in business analytics.
- Experience in business operations management.
- Fluency with R/Python.
- Expertise at SQL and navigating through organizational data.
- Familiarity with Oracle, Redshift, and/other relational databases.
- Experience with sales channel scenario modeling and forecasting.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional stakeholders and teams.
- Experience working with retail channel for direct to consumer products is a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back