Join our gene pool.
Brand Copywriter & Strategist, Research
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced senior copywriter with a passion for big ideas, clear and compelling marketing narratives and engaging executions across digital, social, video, PR and internal/external brand communications. This is someone who thinks like a strategist and writes like a copywriter.
Highly conceptual and capable of writing both long-and short-form copy (brand manifestos, headlines, taglines, platform narratives) this writer will build a new brand platform for the research area of the brand. You must have a passion for what we do and why our research is one of the most unique of its kind in the world. You understand behind every data point is a human being.
You are passionate about getting big ideas across all platforms that are on-brand and on-strategy. You know how to develop strong creative and want to write everything from scripts to social, merch to manifestos, ads to ideas in a voice that is on-brand, compelling and distinctive. You love to collaborate with internal marketing partners, scientists, customer care teams and customers on a daily basis to push work from concept through to a final product.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Write and proofread all copy, briefs, strategy, PR and decks at all phases of execution for the research part of the brand
- You always want to improve the work
- Know how to adjust brand voice and tone in relevant ways
- Research your own projects with internal key stakeholders
- Maintain ownership of work, appropriately communicating with team and ensuring alignment
- Prioritize multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to give copy direction to creative resources outside the company
- Attend all project kick-offs and present work to cross-functional partners for alignment and/or feedback
- Positive attitude - full of strategic, cutting edge ideas and curious about the future
- Performs tasks autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
- You are proactive and seek out rather than waiting for things to come to you
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task
- Passion for words and how they matter in the world
What you’ll bring
- 8-12+ years of experience in strategic writing, copywriting, advertising/marketing writing and/or PR writing with a recognizable and growing consumer brand(s).
- Strong track record in a leadership role where you have influenced others on strategy and creative execution.
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.