Join our gene pool.
Operations Systems Specialist
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a highly motivated Operations Systems Specialist to join our Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring order transmissions and laboratory integrations to identify and investigate inter-company communication issues as they arise. You will work closely with various internal teams to support day-to-day order transmissions, identify systems limitations, define user requirements for new functionality, and facilitate end-to-end testing of improvements and features implementation in our order and laboratory integrations.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Vendor Integration Support: Production sustaining activities including monitoring queues and investigating issues as they arise. Working cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to resolve incomplete orders and file transmission discrepancies. Identify root cause, resolution, and possible mitigations. Track trends and propose improvements for system limitations.
- Vendor Integration Development: Work cross-functionally with other departments within the organization as well as externally with partner organizations to facilitate integration improvements. Develop/maintain roadmaps, timelines, and prioritization. Conducting end-to-end user testing of new system functionality.
- Routine Activities: Coordinate approval and creation of special and/or large orders, implement discount programs, and inventory transfer requests.
- Transaction Risk Management: Monitor Order Activity: Monitor order activity and review unusual orders to approve/reject based on established guidelines or with guidance.
- Establish and update relevant quality documents (SOP’s and WI’s) as needed
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of Operations support or tier 2+ customer support experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship-building skills
- Proactive and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Previous support experience
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Highly-motivated, self-starter and team player
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back