Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an organized individual to assist our Communications team in effectively managing the influx of customer testimonial submissions, and support our growing internal communications function. This person will help streamline our existing processes to ensure we are consistently sharing the compelling customers stories we receive both internally and externally. They will also help write and manage the various content we create to keep 23andMe employees informed on what’s happening across the company. We’re looking for someone with strong communications skills - written and verbal - who can straddle multiple projects at once, and help streamline and share our positive customer stories.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is someone who is organized, takes initiative, and can juggle multiple tasks at once. We’re looking for a professional who can communicate effectively with diverse audiences. You enjoy executing and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help out on projects as needed. Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about providing consumers with more direct and affordable access to their health information. You’re empathetic and enjoy engaging with customers and employees, getting to know their personal stories - and you’re enthusiastic about telling them! You want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you are not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen.
What you’ll do
- View videos of customers’ personal DNA stories and assist in writing a detailed and impactful summary for the Story Producer to edit
- Regularly communicate with a diverse set of customers to schedule interviews with the Stories Producer
- Assist in overall management of the customer story process, including organizing and cataloging stories in a database and tracking their progress through our PR process
- Work with in-house media relations team and outside PR agencies to help identify the right customers for potential media opportunities or projects
- Create new content and manage overall content calendar for internal communications channels, including our internal blog, digital customer story walls, in-office posters and weekly company presentations
- Work cross functionally across a number of teams to ensure we’re effectively communicating important and relevant company information to employees
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of relevant administrative and/or communications experience
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- Enjoys working independently, as well as working with others
- Proficient with Zoom / Skype video conferencing tools, Microsoft Office tools or Google applications (in particular Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back