Join our gene pool.
Marketing Manager - Customer Acquisition & Growth
Mountain View, California, United States
Our Marketing team is looking for a Marketing Manager to own marketing campaign development and media buying for a range of customer acquisition efforts across international and expansion programs, including offline and digital channels. We are looking for an experienced marketer who is mission-driven and creates a culture of excellence through strategic business planning, continuous testing, data-driven decision making and collaboration.
You are passionate about being a part of our mission. You are both strategic and tactical. You love to come up with unique ideas and execute in a lean-startup way. You come up with solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big. You bring more to the table than what is asked. You seek guidance and expertise from cross-functional team members. You are not afraid of failure, and you take calculated risks. You want to join a team of people pioneering consumer genetics.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Combine your analytical skill set with your strategic mindset to identify key business opportunities to drive growth in customer acquisition
- Manage a portfolio of marketing acquisition channels, including offline, digital, and search. Develop and execute flawlessly on Go-To-Market plans
- Self-start, organize and prioritize your programs with minimal oversight. Champion your plans and gain-cross channel support to deliver successful outcomes
- Set ambitious performance goals for your programs and identify new growth opportunities: new partners, campaigns, placements, creative and messaging direction
- Motivate agency partners to: create highly relevant, on-strategy proposals; ensure smooth execution of campaigns; drive consistent campaign improvements and grow the business
- Drive and manage A/B and proof-of-concept tests; analyze results; socialize findings and incorporate insights into a marketing playbook
- Use analytics to make data-driven decisions, inform business direction and build business cases
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to plan and implement campaigns through all stages - including test design, plan development, execution and ongoing optimization
What you'll bring
- 5+ years marketing experience, including agency-side and in-house
- Experience in performance marketing, including mass media and digital marketing channels
- Track record of evaluating media advertising partnerships and developing marketing campaigns from the ground up
- Extraordinary problem-solving, business judgment, and analytical skills
- A bias toward action and productivity
- Excellent writing, communication and relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back