Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer - Research Services
Mountain View, California, United States
Join 23andMe and solve engineering problems to power genetics research. Help build platforms for data analysis, create new ways to present and explore data, and streamline the ways researchers access and use our data. Our teams are small and collaborative, and we value work/life balance. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information!
Who we are:
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do:
- Build web applications and APIs aimed at scientific researchers
- Improve access to data and metadata throughout the company
- Develop data visualizations
- Secure customer data and protect customer privacy
- Set up reliable, automated infrastructure in AWS
- Deliver quality Python and Typescript code
- Collaborate with scientists, product specialists, and other engineers
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor and 1+ years experience
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- A desire to collaborate and share knowledge
- The ability to deliver high-value projects
Tech stack you'd be working with:
- the scientific Python ecosystem
- HTTP APIs
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.