Join our gene pool.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We're seeking an experienced, mid-level Content Strategist to help us create and distribute accessible content that empowers our users with information about their genetics. This position will focus on the development and promotion of new product features for 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do:
As a Content Strategist on the product team, you will contribute to the in-product customer experience:
- Quickly intuit and articulate 23andMe’s brand voice within the product
- Primarily contribute to growth and engagement-focused projects, with the opportunity to flex your content strategy and writing skills across the entire 23andMe product (Health, Research, and more)
- Craft concise and on-brand UX microcopy considering the holistic user experience and potential states including errors, successes, and dead-ends
- Occasionally write longer-form content such as blog posts, video scripts, educational materials, and more
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure your writing meets overall content strategy and business objectives
- Deliver polished copy drafts with editing support and scientific review from team leaders
What you’ll bring
- 4-5 years of experience writing content or editing for a digital consumer product or a science/health publication
- A bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Communications, or a related field
- Experience in UX copywriting, popular health or science content writing, accessible technical content, and/or digital marketing campaign work
- Experience writing and testing content across multiple digital media including emails, mobile, desktop
- Strong organizational and communication skills, great attention to detail, and an ability to thrive handling multiple projects at once
- Perspective and authority as a true “strategist,” offering not just stellar copy but also recommendations about how the content narrative should unfold across all customer touchpoints
- A growth-oriented mindset and a readiness to give and receive thoughtful critiques of your own work and that of your teammates
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back