Join our gene pool.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The 23andMe DNA Studios is a growing team of passionate creative thinkers, makers, and doers dedicated to bringing creative excellence to 23andMe’s marketing efforts, including product marketing, brand campaigns, social initiatives, and user education. We are on a mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories, and experiences that capture the voice, tone, and spirit of 23andMe’s unique brand.
We believe deciphering the human genome is the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetime. (A secret code in each of us!) We also believe the more we learn about our DNA, the more we learn about ourselves. Every customer interaction we have, every data point we collect -- the goal is not only to change the way people see their DNA, but to change the way they live their lives.
What we need
We are looking for a Copywriter to join our brand-led in-house creative team. As a Copywriter, you will partner closely with the Creative team in the development of strategies, concepts, and executions of a wide range of creative solutions for integrated campaigns and content. You'll contribute to our copy standards and ensure everything we write is on-brand, compelling and distinctive. You will work with a team of talented creatives, marketers, product leaders, and business leaders, all working together to bring our ideas to life while creating best-in-class creative.
What you'll do
- Articulate ideas and communicate proactively in a cross-functional team.
- Manage multiple projects and timelines from concept, production, to completion.
- Work closely with the project management team to set expectations and meet deadlines.
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication with creative teammates.
- Gather feedback throughout the process and create alignment among stakeholders.
- Play an ongoing role in the development of tonal and messaging guidelines and advocate for the consistent application of copy standards across experiences.
- Work on multiple projects in a team-oriented environment.
- 2+ years of experience in an integrated marketing related field at a creative agency or in-house team.
- Is an experienced multi-tasker that is not intimidated by the thought of juggling multiple projects and tasks at once in a fast-paced work environment.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy-going nature.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, big idea lead thinking and attention to craft.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- A portfolio is a MUST for application
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.