Join our gene pool.
Director - Total Rewards
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an extraordinary Director, Total Rewards to own and lead all aspects of compensation and benefits programs at 23andMe.
The Director, Total Rewards will build and drive the overall total rewards philosophy and strategy for a fast growing, mission-based, life-changing company. This person will ensure that our compensation and benefits offerings are rewarding, competitive, and in-line with company goals. Supported by our People team, you will partner with business leaders to enhance our ability to attract, engage and retain talent to our growing gene pool!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Work with the VP, People and Company leadership to create and develop a competitive, holistic compensation and benefits philosophy for all 23andMe employees.
- Champion a progressive culture that inspires wellness in all aspects of our employees’ lives.
- Partner strategically with key stakeholders on a range of compensation initiatives and ensure the planning, design, oversight and governance of our plans meet strategic objectives.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise on industry best practices and lead effective, competitive and fair total rewards programs ensuring market consistency, compliance and cost-effectiveness.
- Lead strategic design of innovative cash, incentive and equity programs.
- Work closely with leadership, key business stakeholders and the People team to manage, consult, and resolve compensation and benefits issues.
- Review, edit and enhance compensation programs including planning, forecasting and modeling on an annual basis.
- Influence the program direction through data; develop effective analytics and metrics to measure business impact and effectiveness.
- Lead and inspire the team to leverage their expertise, provide stellar customer service and create change across the business.
What you’ll bring
- 15+ years of experience in Compensation & Benefits in dynamic organizations.
- 5 years experience effectively leading a team of compensation & benefits professionals.
- Creative, progressive thought leadership and ability to influence at all levels in an organization.
- Experience working in the tech, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, remote meeting tools and learning new software applications; Experience with Workday, ADP a plus.
- Motivated and driven to deliver results with speed and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of human resources policies and practices, state and federal employment laws.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred field of study: Business Administration, Human Resources, Management or related field.
- Experience designing and leading Total Rewards programs for a private company a plus!
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back