Join our gene pool.
2020 Summer Internships
Therapeutics Intern - Project Management & Strategy
South San Francisco, California, United States
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern who is interested in contributing to project management
and commercial assessment of our therapeutic programs.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from
the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s
possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Therapeutics team uses the genetic data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat
important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic
areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Portfolio and Project Manager, partnering with scientific project
team leaders to establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines to
achieve timely decision points.
- Prepare and track project resources and costs, working with the finance team to
develop overall budgets.
- Communicate, document and archive project meeting minutes, decisions and actions.
- Perform competitive and commercial assessment of therapeutic programs.
Who you are
- Currently pursuing a MS/PhD/MBA degree, preferably in biological sciences.
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience managing large, complex projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development.
- Involvement in university consulting clubs or tech transfer office is a plus.
Join the gene pool as part of 23andMe’s Summer Intern Class of 2020! Our Summer Internship Program is full-time for 12 weeks and provides opportunities to be involved in work that’s impactful at a mission-driven company. All internship opportunities are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The expected start dates are in May or June depending on your school schedule. Please note, students will be responsible for their own housing and relocation. All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.