Join our gene pool.
iOS Engineering Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Software engineering students of all levels wanted for our consumer product iOS engineering intern opportunity! Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. You'll work within a small, fast-paced team that has a mix of veteran engineers and recent grads who are collaborative and team-oriented.
Who you are
- You’re curious, excited by new technologies, and thrive in a fast-paced and high impact environment.
- You are self-motivated to work and achieve, and you are also a great collaborator on teams.
- You are crazy smart and love working with others you can learn from.
- Your idea of fun is to be challenged by hard problems. You love to think outside the box and build things that make an impact on people around the world every day.
- You care about usability and can’t help but think about the user when building software.
What you’ll do
- Help solve challenging engineering problems at the intersection of genetics and consumer application development.
- Help design and implement delightful customer-facing features using Swift.
- Actively participate in our product development process.
- Write unit and functional tests.
What you’ll bring / Requirements
- Familiarity with the Swift programming language and XCode IDE (integrated development environment).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience shipping native applications is a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back