Join our gene pool.
Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Reporting to the Vice President, Controller, the SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting Manager or Sr. Manager will have a critical and high-profile position that plays a role in developing and executing SEC reporting and technical accounting processes, reporting on and resolving issues and compliance/disclosure matters with key stakeholders, and engaging with the CFO and the Board governance committees, as appropriate. The candidate must be a leader, have strong experience with public company and SEC reporting standards, be detail oriented, have strong technical and communication skills, and be hands-on.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10- K) press releases, and other current reports (8-K) as needed
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files for all disclosures; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Maintain quarterly reporting time table and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
- Lead technical accounting research and documentation of new accounting guidance, policies and procedures, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like revenue accounting, stock-based compensation, leases, and equity
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Assist with the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of company accounting policies
- Select and implement SEC reporting and filing systems to automate the reporting process
- Implement and maintain XBRL tagging on filings as required
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review processes
- Interact and support external auditors, internal/external SEC counsel and legal advisors.
- Participate in special projects, improve processes and assist with documentation and compliance with SOX
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field with a CPA, is required
- Total of at least 8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Mix of professional experiences, including experience in Big 4 public accounting firms (at least 5 years) and experience at a public company in an SEC role
- Strong technical accounting background with a knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and XBRL tagging
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, complete work timely, and work well as a team member
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Meticulous and superior attention to detail
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back