What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We are looking for a Supply Planner who will oversee and analyze 23andMe’s demand forecast and appropriately plan inventory and assembly operations at all 3rd party sites (DC, FC, and Retail) to achieve fulfillment and sales maximization goals. You will help to ensure that appropriate levels of raw material and finished goods are available at all assembly and fulfillment locations. Reporting to our Sr. Planning manager, you will also manage any 3rd party’s performance to assembly and fulfillment metrics, in addition to inventory goals.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Analyze the forecast and publish build plans to distribution centers after reviewing capacity, inventory, and customer demand
- Ensure appropriate short and long term capability to deliver for 23andMe in assembly and fulfillment processes are in place, evaluate risks and implement contingency plans to mitigate.
- Own inventory management, including raw material and finished goods inventory levels across all channels (Amazon, online retail, eComm, etc) to enable company sales goals while minimizing finished goods and raw materials liability
- Ensure appropriate inventory management controls are in place at all 3rd party sites
- Guide appropriate inventory reporting to 23andMe to meet our internal controls requirements. Manage excess and obsolete and RMA inventory and related processes. Present inventory status updates as needed to the operations management team
- Work as the primary point of contact for 3rd parties for any 23andMe projects, maintaining the health of the relationship day to day. Ensure all inventory replenishment activities needed at 3rd party locations for assembly are happening appropriately as well as releasing work orders, part number management, and first article activities. Manage 3rd party performance to fulfillment SLA requirements on a daily basis. Manage the change management process at 23andMe as it relates to 3rd parties in assembly and fulfillment, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and readiness across all channels
- Identify improvement opportunities in inventory, assembly and fulfillment processes, promote projects and guide through to completion
- Coordinate with our teams to ensure appropriate actions are taken at 3rd parties for new products, product changes, or end of life activities
- Partner with logistics teams to execute optimal supply chain for all shipments, incorporating both cost and customer service metrics
- Structure and maintain BOMs (Bill of Materials) using internal 23andMe Quality management system and or Excel based databases
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor degree in Business Operations, Supply Chain, Economics, Accounting, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of planning, inventory management, master scheduling, or project management experience in a multi-site manufacturing and distribution environment
- Working knowledge and experience of quality management systems in an ISO or GMP environment
- Experience in practical business modeling or financial modeling
- Advanced Excel skills required with experience in SQL, knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy, etc. preferred
- Excellent communication and interactive skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Motivated with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Flexible with the capability to work in a dynamic environment
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back