Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco, CA, United States
23andMe is seeking outstanding Computational Biologists to add to our collaborative, cross-functional research team focused on discovery of novel therapeutic targets and their development in our laboratories. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience conducting creative and independent research analyzing a broad range of genomic data sets with an emphasis on understanding the underlying biology.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
We have accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team leverages this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases.
What you'll do
- Extend existing target discovery efforts to incorporate additional data types and novel analysis methods
- Work toward identifying clinically relevant disease subtypes and associated therapeutic targets
- Contribute to ongoing therapeutic development programs
What you'll bring
- PhD in statistics, computational biology or related field
- Expertise in several of the following:
- Linear and nonlinear modeling of statistical data
- Machine learning
- Fine mapping of genetic association signals
- Experience developing robust data analysis software
- Strong communication skills, and a particular ability to communicate data analysis results to non-specialists
- Demonstrated experience working on interdisciplinary teams
- Strong knowledge of biology in at least one disease-relevant area (e.g. immunology, oncology, cardiovascular disease, etc.)
- Prior industry experience in pharmaceuticals or biotechnology
- Strong publication record
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. We have over 2 million customers worldwide with ~ 85% consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.