Join our gene pool.
Social Media Community Coordinator Intern
Mountain View, CA, United States
23andMe is seeking a socially-savvy and enthusiastic Social Media Community Coordinator Intern who will support our social vision, strategies, and executions.
The role will report to our Senior Social Media Manager and be responsible for community management, assisting in the development and execution of content publishing and planning, audience nurturing, channel development and growth, paid media program support, and additional executions supporting the brand.
You will be a part of a hard-working, integrated, and cross-functional marketing team that touches all parts of the company, and will have high-visibility within the marketing and Comms/PR groups.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Day-to-day community management of key channels – including, though not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Curating and publishing content across channels, while monitoring performance utilizing native platforms and third party enterprise tools
- Assist our Social Media Associate in development of editorial calendars and publishing approaches – including organic and paid efforts
- Copywriting for organic publishing across all social channels
- Work closely with the customer care team for coordination and support on promotional, community engagement, and moderation efforts
- Update and refine social platforms – including uploading of new creative, implementation of new features, new measurement and integration opportunities, etc.
- Assist in deployment of paid media efforts – sponsored posts, promoted pins, etc., working closely with our Social Media Associate and paid media partner agency
- Grow and nurture fan activity (conversations, friend tags, shares) and community size – helping drive performance that aligns with strategic KPIs
- React, respond, and execute quickly to ad-hoc or real-time opportunities
- Assist Social Media Associate with qualitative and quantitative data analysis, social listening support, identification of real-time/trending opportunities, and brand alerts
- Assist in the development of influencer relationship-building and outreach efforts, in conjunction with our PR team and agency partners
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred
- A can-do and self-starting approach with strong communication skills and ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Strong knowledge and/or passion for social media, digital and mobile trends, and impactful content
- Ability to react, respond, and execute quickly to ad-hoc or real-time opportunities
- Ability to work at both tactical and more strategic levels
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organization skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a team-centric environment
- Deep knowledge of current and upcoming social platforms
- Brand or agency experience
- Experience utilizing native and third-party analytics tool. Ex. SimplyMeasured, Facebook Business Manager, etc.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.