Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
IRB Research Assistant
Mountain View, CA, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented research assistant to support the regulatory efforts of 23andMe’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). This person will join a team of Regulatory Scientists and will assist with the submission of IRB protocols, manage project-tracking systems, and contribute to compliance-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry, while contributing to the protection of research participants who are contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
- Provide administrative support to the IRB team
- Assist in project management activities related to IRB submissions
- Draft study submission documents required for IRB review and approval
- Assist in responding to IRB questions or concerns
- Manage project tracking system (using Atlassian JIRA)
- Maintain filing and archiving systems for team
- Assist in maintaining the IRB team’s testing platform and perform compliance testing
- Ensure researchers keep current with required trainings
- Assist with drafting policies and procedures related to the protection of human subjects in research
- Help manage and draft content for the IRB team’s internal website
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned including cross-team assignments within the Research Department
- BS in biomedical or behavioral science field
- Knowledge of the principles of ethical conduct of research with human subjects
- Strong analytical, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and also flexible in the face of evolving priorities
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating with diverse stakeholders
- 1-2 years experience in biomedical, clinical, or social/behavioral research preferred
- Experience preparing or reviewing submissions to IRBs/ethical review committees is a big plus
- Name three adjectives people use to describe you
- Describe a time when you have dealt with a challenging interpersonal situation
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.