Join our gene pool.
Customer Care Representative
Mountain View, CA, United States
Do you have a background in biology, a passion for delivering excellent customer support, and an interest in learning more about personal genetics? If so, a role in customer care at 23andMe may be the perfect fit for you. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about our business and the personal genetics industry while interacting directly with our customers as part of a motivated and collaborative team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
Your main responsibility will be to research and resolve customer questions, while also sharing customer feedback and insights with the rest of the company. Direct support is provided via email, chat, social media, and telephone.
You should be a naturally curious problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences. Experience supporting customers and working in a fast-paced environment is a plus!
- Provide our customers with outstanding service in all stages of their 23andMe experience from website navigation and account settings to product selection and support.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ensure compliance with company policies and external regulations.
- Analyze, distill, and distribute feedback to the engineering, design, research, and operations teams to continually improve the 23andMe customer experience.
- Ongoing focus on improving support processes to increase efficiency and allow the team to maintain a high level of support as the customer base grows.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or equivalent undergraduate biology coursework
- Comfort with working both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Genuine passion and commitment to providing superior customer service
- Technical proficiency in web-based software and ability to quickly learn our support platform and product functionality
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts to individuals with a wide range of experience using computers and limited scientific understanding
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload among conflicting demands
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- A "thick skin" with an ability to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- A pleasant, patient and friendly attitude
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
Please include in your cover letter the answers to the following prompts:
- Why are you interested in joining the customer care team at 23andMe?
- Tell us about a time when you had to deliver or receive difficult feedback from a colleague or supervisor.
- Describe a recent situation when it was necessary for you to learn a new skill or complex concept in a short amount of time.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.