Join our gene pool.
Product Manager, Research Products
Mountain View, CA, United States
Do you believe that we can make the experience of conducting research better than it is today? Research has always been at the heart of 23andMe's mission, and we believe that the same user empathy and attention to detail that make our product great can do wonders for the research experience. 23andMe is looking for an individual with a deep empathy for researchers of all walks to drive our research products forward. From our groundbreaking Genotyping Services for Research platform, to the internal tools that let our growing research team move at top speed, you'll be responsible for developing and executing against a roadmap of products and features that will both grow the market for genetics research as well as make it more efficient. Come join us in this new role!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You methodically work to hone in on problems and identify the right solutions. You believe that there's a huge opportunity to use software to improve the experience of researchers. You're able to put yourself in the shoes of researchers and data scientists to find their pain points and figure out how to ease them. You are proactive and can work independently but thrive on coordinating and working in teams. Like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts people’s lives.
What you’ll do
- Define the roadmap and requirements for 23andMe's data portals
- Define the roadmap for the products that serve 23andMe's external research customers, including Genotyping Services for Research
- Use a keen understanding of researcher needs to prioritize problems and define appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with the Data Platforms and Services teams to request and support new data types and features as they emerge
- Identify scalable, reusable solutions that allow us to execute on partnerships on time
- Work with Design and Engineering to prioritize, plan, and execute on projects
- Help structure plans to support new data types and new use cases for the 23andMe database
- Communicate requirements, plans, and project status within teams and throughout the organization, as well as with partners
- Define success metrics and analyze outcomes to inform process improvement and portfolio strategy
We hope you have
- A Bachelors degree in the life sciences, engineering or technical field
- 2+ years experience with product development and/or project management
- Experience participating in and/or managing biological research projects
- Success communicating across scientific, technical and business audiences
- Success managing projects and executing towards deadlines
- Familiarity with software and product development frameworks, agile workflows, and APIs
- Advanced degree in life sciences, engineering, or business
- Previous experience conducting data-based genetics research
- Familiarity with UX and Information Architecture best practices
- Familiarity with bioinformatics pipelines or genetic data
- Experience working within data privacy and compliance constraints
- Experience working in a regulated medical device environment
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.