Join our gene pool.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about solving ambiguous problems and pragmatically balance the need to scale with the desire to remain scrappy. You develop your own point of view, but readily pivot when a better solution emerges, and view complex requirements as an opportunity to simplify. You have humility, a bias for action, great ability to partner, and a sense of ownership in your product. You are excited to play a key role in helping 23andMe scale as we transform the way millions of customers understand their health and themselves.
What you’ll do:
- Drive a pipeline of product features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Communicate priorities, requirements, plans, and project status within key stakeholders throughout the organization on an ongoing basis
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative new consumer products combining data, design sense, and empathy towards 23andMe’s customers
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Define success metrics for each initiative and ensure adequate instrumentation, measurement and analysis to inform product evolution
- Collaborate with engineering and design to plan, build, and launch features; facilitate communication, organization, and task management from concept through launch
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in product management of consumer software products
- 2+ years of experience developing features or functionality requiring a high level of user-centric design and iteration
- Strong analytical skills. SQL or R skills a plus.
- Experience in science or research-based environments a big plus.
- Degree in computer science, life sciences, or other technical field
- Proven communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Passionate for health and healthcare
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back