Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Do people naturally turn to you when something needs to get done? Does it drive you crazy when work is poorly organized and tasks fall through the cracks? Does developing an elegant, functional solution to a complex problem make it easy for you to get out of bed every morning?
23andMe is looking for a highly motivated program manager to join our Program Management Team. A successful candidate will have a solid track record of connecting the dots between the many cross-functional team members and moving parts that need to work together in launching new health products. You’ll be coordinating multiple project dependencies and action items so cross-functional team members are tightly aligned.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
The program manager in this role will be primarily responsible for the successful execution of projects within our health product program, which includes our health reports such as Type II Diabetes and Familial Hypercholesterolemia or product features such as Action Plan. This person will coordinate with cross functional stakeholders on the planning and implementation of initiatives required to launch new health products. Support activities include developing project plans, attending cross-team meetings, follow-up on action items, and coordinating cross-team communications. Specifically the program manager will:
- Develop project goals and playbook and detailed project plan for new projects to bring alignment to cross functional teams which may include: Product Management, Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Research, Communications, and others
- Continually review and revise the project plan as needed, escalating risks and deviations to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Help plan and coordinate a wide range of health product launch initiatives such as KOL ad boards, customer user studies, physician focus groups, facilitating the publications review process, documenting customer care initiatives required for launch
- Help define roles and responsibilities for each project initiative
- Follow-up on all action items arising out of team meetings or smaller discussions and keep stakeholders accountable
- Create detailed launch timelines and Gantt charts and keep all timelines up-to-date as the project progresses
- Ensure actions and processes are standardized, well-documented, and comply with all applicable SOPs and regulations.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical science or a related field and 4+ years of relevant work experience in project management, product development, medical devices and/or relevant experience.
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Proven track record of independently setting and meeting deadlines, and motivating others to meet deadlines without formal authority
- Ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships, able to raise problems or challenges in a productive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with study sponsors, clinical site coordinators, and members of the scientific and medical communities
- Excellent organizational skills
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back