Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, Immunology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring experience applying molecular and cell biology approaches to elucidate target protein function and drug mechanism of action.
What you’ll do
- Design, validate, and implement biochemical and cell-based assays and assist in in vivo model characterization to support drug discovery in immunology and immune-oncology therapeutic areas
- Execute in vitro and in vivo assays for target validation and new therapeutic development through activity and mechanism of action studies
- Contribute to genetics-based evaluation of drug targets and initiation of new drug discovery programs
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data at group meetings and other company meetings
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's (+ 5 years' related experience), Master's (+ 3 years' related experience) or PhD in biological sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with cell and biochemical assays, molecular biology and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Proactive and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Deep knowledge in the field of immunology or immune-oncology, with experience in lymphoid and myeloid cell functional assays and multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience with gene editing in primary cells
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~ 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.