Join our gene pool.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
As a key member of our growing Finance team, our Senior Accountant will apply accounting principles and procedures to assist with the financial close process of a variety of balance sheet and income statement accounts, perform technical accounting research, complete special projects and assist in driving process changes to help us scale for the future. This position will report to our Accounting Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely month-end close of various accounting areas including, but not limited to, prepaids, accruals, and deferred advertising costs
- Own monthly account reconciliations and analysis of varying levels of complexity and materiality
- Perform vendor, department and expense trends reviews and followup, and work with FP&A to ensure accuracy and completeness of accruals
- Assist with our newly implemented procure-to-pay processes, including report building and overall general support as needed
- Design and direct a process for open purchase order followup, as it relates to accruals accuracy and completeness, working with the Accounting Manager and AP Team
- Support and assist with special projects, including process improvements, the adoption of new accounting standards, and software and reporting systems implementations and enhancements, as required
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and assist the team in developing and documenting additional policies and desktop procedures as appropriate
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of year-end audit procedures with external auditors
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and Big 4 experience preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience, corporate accounting experience a plus
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred, including report building
- Strong understanding of GAAP in a variety of accounting areas; ability to research GAAP and other relevant guidance and apply findings appropriately
- Advanced in MS Excel, strong understanding of other MS office applications and google docsHighly detail-oriented and organized with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Strong knowledge of systems generally and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- A creative and forward-thinking problem solver that can quickly identify and solve unique issues with an eye toward scalable long term solutions
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external parties
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.