Join our gene pool.
HR Business Partner
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Come join our growing People team at 23andMe! As an HR Business Partner, you'll be a champion of 23andMe culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our employees, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible. You have a sharp eye for detail, stay calm under stress and are always looking for ways to improve or automate processes at scale. If you’re a self-starter and eager to take on an array of responsibilities at a dynamic, fast-growing company, this is the opportunity for you!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Analyze and present relevant metrics and insights to the business to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Partner with, Legal counsel, and other key stakeholders on the identification, escalation, risk mitigation and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training/experience
- 5+ years of experience as an HR/People Operations business partner
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation planning, performance feedback, HR compliance and professional growth and development initiatives.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and understand their needs.
- A belief in a People-first approach to building teams and driving effective performance across the organization.
- The ability to effectively translate metrics and data into actionable strategy.
- Extreme attention to detail and time management skills.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back