Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Program Manager - Clinical Trial Recruitment
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Do people naturally turn to you when something needs to get done? Does it drive you crazy when work is poorly organized and tasks fall through the cracks? Does developing an elegant, functional solution to a complex problem make it easy for you to get out of bed every morning?
In addition to being one of the biggest players in the direct-to-consumer genetics world, 23andMe is also performing cutting-edge research with academic, non-profit and industry partners on an unprecedented scale. We are looking for a program manager to join our research team and help manage these programs and projects.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
The program manager in this role will be primarily responsible for the successful execution of projects within our clinical trial recruitment (CTR) program. This person will coordinate with cross functional stakeholders and sponsor(s) on the design and implementation of the infrastructure needed to engage, pre-screen and consent participants as well as the strategy and execution of the participant recruitment campaign. Support activities include developing surveys, enabling IRB approval, and coordinating web content. Following a successful study launch, the program manager will continue to monitor and adjust project/program strategy as needed to reach project goals, and to synthesize and share lessons learned to enable the CTR program to grow and scale.
- Ensure the strategy, implementation, and evaluation of patient recruitment and enrollment methods meet project needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with sponsors, patient advocacy groups, foundations, researchers, institutions and other collaborators.
- Resource planning, meeting management, defining and reporting performance indicators, and identifying ways to improve processes for the future.
- Maintain communication with team members across 23andMe including Data Collection, Research Ethics, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Legal, Privacy, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Communications, and Business Development to facilitate project success.
- Test and evaluate methods that generate long-term success of the CTR program.
- Ensure actions and processes are standardized, well-documented, and comply with all applicable SOPs and regulations.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical science (or a related field) and 4+ years of relevant work experience, or Master's with 2+ years of experience, or PhD
- Good working knowledge of human genetics concepts and the clinical development process
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory and ethical requirements regarding clinical research and human subject research.
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Proven track record of independently setting and meeting deadlines, and motivating others to meet deadlines without formal authority
- Ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships, able to raise problems or challenges in a productive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with study sponsors, clinical site coordinators, and members of the scientific and medical communities
- Excellent organizational skills
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back