Join our gene pool.
Senior Engineer - Security - Red Team
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Red Team Security Engineer to own our products, research, and IT infrastructure. 23andMe’s Red Team members carry out attacks and security assessments to direct our ongoing security improvements and validate our understanding of our security perimeter.
You’ll be leveraging your hacking skills to secure our customer data and corporate assets.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
We are focused on proactive security and are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending our company’s assets.
What you'll do
- Help identify our external and internal attack surface in a constantly changing environment.
- Conduct penetration tests against 23andMe customer-facing products, internal research environments, and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Engineering and IT to design and implement remediation solutions.
- Perform security tests against 3rd party products.
- Keep up to date with exploits relevant to our environment.
- Write automation infrastructure for conducting regular scans to find low hanging fruit.
- Work with Appsec and Engineering to build systems to detect regressions.
- Perform threat analysis to identify the top risks for our customer data and company assets.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years experience working as a pentester attacking webapps, mobile apps, REST API’s, corporate networks, weak crypto, AWS infrastructure, Active Directory, expensive lab equipment, and more.
- Experience building and keeping to engagement scopes.
- The capabilities of an appsec engineer, but the drive and curiosity to prove vulnerabilities can be exploited.
- An ability to clearly write reports documenting findings for both technical and executive audiences.
- An understanding of how to safely and legally use offensive tools and techniques.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back