Join our gene pool.
Data Scientist - Lab Operations
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented and driven Data Scientist - Lab Operations with a passion for creating a data-centric culture and making an impact through timely actions! You are a self-learner with technical flexibility. You possess the curiosity in discovering insights from data and answering questions. You are a great communicator and a team player who loves helping others and sharing your knowledge and experience.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with various cross functional teams to develop and deliver metrics, analyses, solutions and insights in order to drive efficiency and productivity in laboratory operation
- Participate in the development, deployment and validation of data management infrastructure
- Develop analytical and visualization dashboards and applications to support daily operation and monitor data quality
- Support the data analysis for internal studies
- Automate and streamline the manual processes for cross functional teams
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Informatics or other pertinent fields
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Strong background in data analysis and data visualization tools
- Strong SQL and relational database experience (Postgres, ORACLE and MySQL)
- Expert in Python, R (Shiny) and Git
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience in other programming languages such as PHP, Java, Java Script, C++, HTML is a plus
- Experience with website and web application development
- Experience with Django or other frameworks is a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented work style
- Excellent communication skills
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back